Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:53:21 PM EST
Can i have one of these on my ar if i permanetly install it Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:03:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By MGP:
Can i have one of these on my ar if i permanetly install it Thanks

Do you have a 14.5" or 16" barrel? If it's 16", it doesn't have to be permanently attached. I'm not from Conneticut, but I believe the only ban there is on Colts that are marked "AR15". Can you give a little more info on what you have or want to get?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:55:10 AM EST
You need a preban lower. I'm assuming you have that. If not, I've got one, but it might be spoken for by someone else in CT. You cannot have most Colt lowers, even prebans. As far as the barrel is concerned- your barrel has to be at a minimum of 16". If your barrel is 15", then a 1.7" phantom permanently attached would create a barrel at least 16" long overall. If it were not permanently attached, it would be removable and wouldn't be part of the barrel and therefore not included in the barrel.

I've got a preban rifle with a 16.1" barrel. My phantom is not attached permanently. I can remove it and put a different one on if I wish.

Figure out the exact length of your barrel. Take a cleaning rod and insert it into your barrel through the business end. Make sure your bolt is closed. When the rod stops, put a piece of masking tape or make a mark at the end of the barrel on the cleaning rod. Pull the rod out and measure from the end to the mark and that will tell you how long your barrel is. Don't try and take a tape measure along the side of your rifle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:05:44 PM EST
Thanks for the replys but i cant have a flash hider period and That sucks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:25:45 PM EST
you need a pre-ban.

EA lower $310 shipped from me to your FFL
Top Top