Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:26:33 AM EDT
that it was easier to clean (not much crap on it) than the USGI A2 birdcage?

I was shooting Wolf, and usually I will find lots of residue/gunk/carbon on the A2 FS. I shot about 120 rounds of the Wolf with the Phantom and my Q-tip soaked in BF CLP didn't pick up a lot of black stuff.

I observed lots of smoke coming out of the FS when you fire it but I didn't find a lot of actual residue/powder on the FS.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
i have not noticed any difference

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a lot of the bi-metal (copper looking stuff) residue on my phantom. I like it, gives it a pretty golden look
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a lot of the bi-metal (copper looking stuff) residue on my phantom. I like it, gives it a pretty golden look

when i shoot some copper cleaner down the bore and it drips out of the muzzle the phantom turns blue
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolf is copper jacketed at least for .223 - I do notice a significant amount of "powder" flowing out of the Phantom each time I shoot but none of that stuff sticks to the FS.

The A2, OTOH, gets quite dirty after a few rounds.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Blue?....Gold?....was this thing made my the folks at "Mood Ring.Com"? LOL!!!

I can't handle the looks of the phantom...it's just to flowery at the end...like the dudes from queer eye designed it....now...if ya sharpened up the edges to wring out some eyeballs in cqb maybe then I could handle it. LOL!!!

sorry...couldn't help myself...laughed my arse off the first time I saw one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#6]

This is my Phantom 5C1.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Blue?....Gold?....was this thing made my the folks at "Mood Ring.Com"? LOL!!!

I can't handle the looks of the phantom...it's just to flowery at the end...like the dudes from queer eye designed it....now...if ya sharpened up the edges to wring out some eyeballs in cqb maybe then I could handle it. LOL!!!

sorry...couldn't help myself...laughed my arse off the first time I saw one.

if you read the complete thread you would know.

copper is what comes from most bullets, blue is the color copper turns with most copper removers

the phantom 5c1 has a smooth tip, the others are pointed.

i myself have never had a flower come to mind when looking at the phantom but then again i dont have an "eye" for that
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Flowers

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time I checked the Phantom 5C2 will put an eye out pretty good. That is exactly the reason I bought it. To muzzlefuck some zombies
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Last time I checked the Phantom 5C2 will put an eye out pretty good. That is exactly the reason I bought it. To muzzlefuck some zombies

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there any differences in flash-reducing effectiveness between the Phantom 5C1 and 5C2?  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I couldn't see a difference in Rob Silvers' test photographs Silencer Tests and it appeared the Phantom is a much better FS than the Vortex. The Vortex throws a small puff of flash right in front of the muzzle, whereas the Phantom dissipates it around the muzzle. I went with the 5C1 because that is what the military would use if they were standard issue. The 5C2 might get caught on something, and if I'm so close that I have to rely on the flash suppressor to inflict pain, I might as well use the rifle as a club.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I love it  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Phanton is easier to clean by is larger design.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is there any differences in flash-reducing effectiveness between the Phantom 5C1 and 5C2?  

shouldnt be since they are identical other than the very tip design
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I've never seen any major issues between Phantom styles, but I do think the A2 gets a bit more dirty.

Now that I look at this pic, its really pretty clean.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Heres a pic of my pahntom. It has over 1000 rds through it. Only cleaning it's ever gotten is a quick swap from a q-tip right before I took the pic.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top