Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 6:18:12 PM EDT
I am getting ready to purchase a preban upper and am debating three different FS.

1-Vortex. The best as far as I can read.  But I would need to get another gunsmith to attach it because I am ordering upper from BM.

2-4 slot Phantom - second best but again same problem as Vortex

3-5 slot Phantom that Bushmaster sells.  I haven't heard much about this nor do I see much of it.  It is as good as the regular phantom?  

Does anyone use it?  Any pics on it attached to a 14.5 M4?

Thanks,
JBritt
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I can tell, the newer model phantom is better at supressing flash, and it doesn't kill you if you poke yourself with the muzzle.

The Vortex's are considered to be the best at supressing flash with total elimination of flash, and the phantom is a close seccond. The flash a phantom gives off is a small glow inside the chamber.

Good luck with your pre-ban.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a pic of a 3 prong phantom on a colt AR-15 14.5" (M-4 clone).  It's my rifle, but I can't post a pic here.  I can e-mail you one.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Phantom on Carbine of mine...I believe it was a BM one...not 100% but I loved it. The flash was non-existent...I thought recoil was increased slightly...but..we are shooting 5.56mm here...
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.  I think I will go with the Phantom that Bushmaster sells.  It will save me a little money and if it does the job the the original Phantom does then I think it will be fine.

Thanks again,
Britt
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top