Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 7:04:30 PM EDT
I am having trouble installing a new Phantom 5C2. It is damn tight and I can not get the non-notched setion all the way around to the bottom. Right now it is completly level center on the top of the flashider.

I know muzzle blast out and down might make the barrel rise more during rapid fire but would it not also limit the amount of flash in the field of view more as well? Just thinking it would not be horrible if I left it there would it?

Should the crush washer be tightened until it is totaly flat or just enough that it acts like a spring?

mzzlebrk
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think it will kick up a lot of dust, raise more under rapid fire, and have less flash visible to you after dark. I advise against.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would think it will kick up a lot of dust, raise more under rapid fire, and have less flash visible to you after dark. I advise against.

Well then I need to figure out how to get it all the way around.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You can sand down the crush washer a bit....But are you using barrel blocks in a bench vice? It takes a pretty good amount of torque to get them time correctly sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I would get a couple of  peel washers somewhere. You can just peel off a layer in order to advance the flash hider into the correct timing. I would get ahold of Krista or Robert over at RBPRECISION (www.rbprecision.com)That should be all it takes....

Good Luck!

H!!!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine indexed fine with a crush washer. You might want to try the peel washer suggestion however.

Are you using an OLD crush washer? If so, try a new one.....

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I  had to buy a ten dollor  vice from wally  world,  used duck  tape  on  barrell & than  tighten  vice  unto  the protected duck tape.

Than I  tighten phantom  using  crush washer, it worked.

Filing  down  crush washer or  bottom of  flash hider would proably work as well.

TG
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Why do something halfassed?  Get it right or we will laugh at you
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mine indexed fine with a crush washer. You might want to try the peel washer suggestion however.

Are you using an OLD crush washer? If so, try a new one.....

I went too far with the first crush washer and when I backed it off it was too loose to use so I removed it and added a new crush washer. I have 1/2 a rotation to go and it will be correct. I guess I will crank on it in a vice and see what happens. If that does not do it I may resort to the peel washers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:38:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine was a bitch to get on at first too, your best bet is to do the vice thing and crank it down.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:40:20 AM EDT
[#10]
As I'd mention  up above,taking  about ten  minutes,here is  the finished results.

after

TG

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#11]
TG, nice death dealer there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top