Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2004 12:32:28 PM EST
I just got a phantom FS. Do I need some type of washer also does anybody out there install these. I have a model1sales barrel and the brake is permenently welded on so it would have to be cut off and threaded and the phantom permanantly attached to make it 16''. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:05:52 PM EST
If it is the old style with ports evenly spaced it will not need indexing, so get rid of the washer. If you get aa 5C1 or 5C2 with the solid bottom, you will need it, unless you have it indexed without and permanently installed. This may result in a gap between the barrel shoulder and suppressor, so just use the washer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:10:30 PM EST
It is the old style that does not need indexing. How much would it cost to have brake cut off and phantom attached?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:14:25 PM EST
I used the peel on my phantom. I had to have the thing lined up vertically even though it's not necessary.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:38:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Smithy:
It is the old style that does not need indexing. How much would it cost to have brake cut off and phantom attached?

If you send in the Phantom it should be under $50.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:15:18 PM EST
Or if your smith is good he could cut the barrel just a tad under length and then put on the brake just like my smith did Damn he is good.
Top Top