I see YHM's "Phantom" muzzle device referred to as both a flash hider and a brake. Seems like a tall order to fill.
1) How effective is it as a FH?
2) How effective is it as a brake?
3) How loud is it?
Thanks in advance for your replies!
Phantom 5C1 Comp/Flash Suppressor YHM-28-5C1
YHM website link
1. Click here to see some photos of flash suppressor tests
2. It's not really a true brake, it just vents the gasses to the sides and up.
3. It's the same sound as a Phantom FS or any other FS.
I have both this model and the 5C2 model which has a serrated frond end. I'm satisfied with them.