Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 4:37:55 AM EDT
Does anybody have experience with both type finishes? Is there any difference in looks, durability, application, ect.?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly the sandstrom slf took a bit longer to dry and had a slightly darker color. I'll have to doublecheck to see what I'm still using at work. I thought it was permasilk g but a lot bases went away from it and to sandstrom due to no phosphated lead content. Both that I use are mil l 23398. I would go with permasilk g if I had a choice and let it air cure for an hour and then bake it at a low temp for an hour or so if possible. That seemed to give the best finish. Permasilk also sprays on thinner too. I remember when we first started using sandstrom we had a few missile sliding problems due to buildup. Not sure which last longer or is more durable. permasilks faster dry time made it easier to handle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks van462
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top