Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 8:22:28 PM EDT
When I was a member of a private range last year in south Texas, I had the pleasure of getting to know the owner.  Gary is a gunsmith and hand loader with 25 years experience.  He has a shooting lane extending out of his shop window, the ultimate in convience.  Gary has been a consultant for Savage, developing accuracy loads for their barrel samples.  Anyway...there were three separate occasions he would tell me he had a SP1 that would shoot as accurately as my Les Baer.  Some of my groups were as little as 1/2 inch at 200 yards, so I simply did not believe him.  He asked me to try it, so I said, "Bring It!"  As you fellas can see, it is completely stock save the muzzle break and the Weaver K4 scope.  One SMALL detail, he handed me a 30 round magazine that contained his hand loads.  I fired three shots, Gary smiled, he asked for the target, and placed it all back in his safe.  The photos were taken at a later date, when I was preparing to leave the area.  I would have never believed a non-floated, chrome lined pencil barrel could have done that, hand loads or no hand loads.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
that looks almost like PSC.......is it?...love the SP1
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It is actually outside Victoria, TX.  The last image is that of the owner.  I just saw the images of the Friendswood range on the internet, sure looks the same.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top