Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2010 6:07:55 PM EDT
Anyone have any opinion on the Pentagonlight X2-HA (XEON)?

Specifications for Pentagonlight X2 Xenon Light X2-HA:
NSN: 6230-01-556-0551
Brightness: 80 Lumens
Run-Time: 60 Minutes
Batteries: Two CR-123A
Bezel Size: 1.25"
Length: 5.5" (140 mm)
Weight: 5.2 oz. (147 g)

Thinking of getting one- being sold to me for $25. Wondering if it's worth it, or whether I should just go for a Surefire G2LED or something along those lines.

Also, would it be better to spring for $100 and just get the primaryarms 380Lumen ultimate weapons light? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Pentagon is meh in QC.  It is P60 compatible, so this is a plus.  $25 is ok for the price.

What are you using the light for?

380 Lumens? At the emitter?  I doubt that this is out the front.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the PA light:
http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=40&categoryId=118

I'll be mounting the light onto my 16" AR15 (m4 profile). Rifle is meant to be a go-to gun for plinking/hunting/home defense.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is the PA light:
http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=40&categoryId=118

I'll be mounting the light onto my 16" AR15 (m4 profile). Rifle is meant to be a go-to gun for plinking/hunting/home defense.

Not doubting that Primary Arms said this.  I'm doubting the veracity of the ad copy that was given to him.

This light is longer (3xCR-123) than the X2 (2xCR-123).

Since you said SHTF, I would look at the Elzetta, Surefire, or a good Surefire look alike.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
pentagonlights that undependable? I mean how hard can it be to get a flashlight right... even if it is high output...

THanks for the feedback btw.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
pentagonlights that undependable? I mean how hard can it be to get a flashlight right... even if it is high output...

THanks for the feedback btw.

No, it is not that pentagon is unreliable.  Just that the fit and finish is consistently inconsistent.  They work fine.

Now that Pentagon went the way of the carrier pigeon, I tend not to think about them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
after playing with one, I have to agree on the QC thing.  They are a little subpar IMO.  Will it work?  Yes.  For $25 you would be hard pressed to go wrong, as long as you got a good LED drop in, but by that point in time you would be pretty close to the cost of the PA light or many others.  And that 380lumens that they list is the max output of the LED.  In the real world, with losses and inefficiencies of the various parts it will be lower than that.  Still though, it will be a pretty bright light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top