Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:14:40 AM EDT
Will the SureFire XM07 tailcap fit the Pentagon MS 2 XS light?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the XM07 tailcap will fit all the pentagonlights and works fine. I have found that the reverse is not true. I tried three different kinds of pentagonlight tailcaps on a surefire 6P, M2, and XM972 and none of the lights worked. The pentagonlights have much longer threads that the surefire lights so it looks like proper contact is not made with the pentagonlight tailcaps on the surefire lights. I am not sure about the pentagon tapeswitch tailcaps though since I only tried the clickies and momentary caps. I can post a pic later in the week if you want.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Are XM tailcap assemblies available separately?  I've not found a single place, not even on Surefire's webiste where the XM tailcap can be purchased by itself.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Calvin/BrightFlashlights sells them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Calvin, glad to see a website now. First time I noticed it. AWESOME!!! How long has it been active? And for anyone that has not bought from BrightFlashlights/Calvin, do so without hesitation or caution as he is one of the best here on the site.

ETA: I see now it is just your home page but its a start!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Very interesting, so the Surefire XM switches will fit and work properly with the Pentagon X2 and X3 lights as well, correct?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hhmm, very interesting findings...

XM tailcap on Pentagon MD3 weaponslight -- tried in the past at it didn't work, just tried it again and it does NOT work.

XM on Pentagon L2 and PX1 -- both worked

Tomorrow I'll try the XM's on an X3 and an MS2 we use for demos & display.

Calvin, have you been able to confirm if the XM's work on the X3?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top