Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2004 7:29:43 PM EDT
Saw a flashlight that was put out by Pelican.  Seems to be ok made and priced around 60 bucks.  The package said something about 20,000 candle power.  What does that translate to?  It was brighter than the C2 Surefire that was next to it but that might have been a battery being low?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I noticed that the beam on mine isn't as round as a surefire.  The Tailcap switch sucks.  It dims and get's bright again.  Mine may just have a defect, but it's making me want to lay down $45 for a surefire 6P.
Link Posted: 12/28/2004 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both the of the m6, the incandesent and led. The incandescent is rated at 108 lumiens. There are so many different ways to measure light output each manufacturers claims can be different for the same light output. The incandescent is brighter than the surefire with the p60 and equals the p61 in my opinion. The tail switch is not poitive but mine has long since been replaced with a pressure switch. It now resides onmyhome defense shotgun. I used to be on my ar but was replaced witl a streamlight tl3 for its longer throw.  The m6 led is my general pupose light and I love it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The Pelican M6 is a nice (made in china) flashlight.  Used to be able to find them all day long on CPF for $32.00  

What I liked about them is the lock out tailcap which you dont get with Surefires cheapest model, the G2.

I ended up selling both of my Pelican lights. But they are a good pick if you dont have much money to spend and need a lock out tailcap.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have the regular M6, but I do have the LED version. As far as I know, neither one has a regulated power suppply which means that you get the brightest amount of light for a set period of time. I noticed that my M6 gets dimmer after an hour, then drops big time. It also didn't do too well after I dropped it about 3 feet. It wouldn't turn back on and I thought it was toast. Eventually it started working again but I don't know why it failed or why it started back up. Not too confidence inspiring, but it is a good light for what it is and it does come with a lifetime wararnty.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#6]
PELICAN LIGHTS are big in the diving industry.

I have "3" that I use for diving.
Have taken them in Pac / Atl / G of Mex / Indian / and even used one while we were placing explosives on mines in THE "Gulf"...........

I love them - but I do not have any of them on my ARS.

Best prices I have found for them is at the Internet dive shop -

www.leisure-pro.com - these guys have great prices on everything - - -
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a M6 with a tape switch on my AR and I'm happy with it.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top