Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2006 1:52:53 PM EDT
I saw some great prices on these lights and they look pretty decent after reading a lot of reviews of them. Does anyone else have any experience with these light that could give me some advice before I buy one? Would be apprecaited, Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the new 3W LED M6 in HA.  It is excellent.  I would only get the 3W version LED.  Battery life is pretty good and it is brighter than comparable 6v and is weapons mountable (of course I am not a flashlight expert - just my personal observation).  It is coupled with a Pentagon tail switch in HA - perfect match.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw some great prices on these lights and they look pretty decent after reading a lot of reviews of them. Does anyone else have any experience with these light that could give me some advice before I buy one? Would be apprecaited, Thanks.

I have one.  They're great flashlights.  It's a little brighter than a SureFire G2 (or P6), but it's also significantly heavier and a bit bulkier.  It also has a clicky switch.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 1W and am waiting on the 3W.  I like them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got the Pelican Xenon - not the LED version.  I think that is the light you're asking about?  It is a frikkin awesome light.  I am not fond of the twist for constant on lights like SF.  Im not sure whether Pentagon is that way or not.  I went with the Pelican and I am very glad that I did so.  

This light is small, ruggedly build and bright as all get out.  haven't run completely through a set of batteries yet, so I can't say anything on that end of performance yet.  It is definately brigter than my friend's SF 6P.  The clicky switch is nearly silent - which is a nice touch.  I am waiting for a tape switch for mine to see if I want to mount it on my carbine - not sure about that one yet.

The other cool thing is that the light comes with a holster.  It is actually a pretty decent holster that includes battery storage.  Speaking of batts, it came with Energizer E2 - not some no-name batts.

Overall.  I am eventually going to get a Pentagon to compare, but right now, I think the Pelican is the best out there for the money.
YMMV
Don

ETA:  I forgot to add some features:  It has a lockout tailcap, and you can back off the tail cap so that the clickie doesn't work all the way and that it is just a momentary switch.  Basically, the tailcap can be twisted to whatever mode you want it to be.  A very useful feature if you want my opinion.

Also, the beam is well focused, with no weak spots.  Im pretty sure that it is not a shock isolated bezel, and I have no idea whether the SF shock bezels would fit, I doubt it.
D
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top