Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/5/2006 1:52:53 PM EDT
I saw some great prices on these lights and they look pretty decent after reading a lot of reviews of them. Does anyone else have any experience with these light that could give me some advice before I buy one? Would be apprecaited, Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:11:33 PM EDT
I have the new 3W LED M6 in HA. It is excellent. I would only get the 3W version LED. Battery life is pretty good and it is brighter than comparable 6v and is weapons mountable (of course I am not a flashlight expert - just my personal observation). It is coupled with a Pentagon tail switch in HA - perfect match.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rambo21:
I saw some great prices on these lights and they look pretty decent after reading a lot of reviews of them. Does anyone else have any experience with these light that could give me some advice before I buy one? Would be apprecaited, Thanks.

I have one. They're great flashlights. It's a little brighter than a SureFire G2 (or P6), but it's also significantly heavier and a bit bulkier. It also has a clicky switch.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:29:12 PM EDT
I have a 1W and am waiting on the 3W. I like them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:07:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 3:21:28 PM EDT by 1911Gunner]
I just got the Pelican Xenon - not the LED version. I think that is the light you're asking about? It is a frikkin awesome light. I am not fond of the twist for constant on lights like SF. Im not sure whether Pentagon is that way or not. I went with the Pelican and I am very glad that I did so.

This light is small, ruggedly build and bright as all get out. haven't run completely through a set of batteries yet, so I can't say anything on that end of performance yet. It is definately brigter than my friend's SF 6P. The clicky switch is nearly silent - which is a nice touch. I am waiting for a tape switch for mine to see if I want to mount it on my carbine - not sure about that one yet.

The other cool thing is that the light comes with a holster. It is actually a pretty decent holster that includes battery storage. Speaking of batts, it came with Energizer E2 - not some no-name batts.

Overall. I am eventually going to get a Pentagon to compare, but right now, I think the Pelican is the best out there for the money.
YMMV
Don

ETA: I forgot to add some features: It has a lockout tailcap, and you can back off the tail cap so that the clickie doesn't work all the way and that it is just a momentary switch. Basically, the tailcap can be twisted to whatever mode you want it to be. A very useful feature if you want my opinion.

Also, the beam is well focused, with no weak spots. Im pretty sure that it is not a shock isolated bezel, and I have no idea whether the SF shock bezels would fit, I doubt it.
D
Top Top