Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:54:02 AM EST
Hey guys I am going to start building a patrol rifle. Any suggestions on which brand lower I should use?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:00:48 AM EST
I'm assuming you're talking about starting from a stripped lower. I've used DPMS and CMMG they were both good to go. Frankly I don't think there is any appreciable difference between the lower receiver brands as they all come from only a few manufacturers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:01:45 AM EST
There are too many to list. Many companies make quality lowers and have great pricing right now. Probably doesn't help much, but take your pick.

Why are you building a patrol rifle? With the deals going on right now you can find top manufacturers and very reasonable prices, especially with LE discounts.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:16:29 AM EST
I used a Rock River lower and a CMT upper. Color match was flawless and the fit was nice and tight. I used this set up for an "M-4orgery" patrol rifle build. Been very happy with the result.

-Pete
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:20:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By christiejr123:
Hey guys I am going to start building a patrol rifle. Any suggestions on which brand lower I should use?

Thanks

You might want to look at your patrol rifle policy first. That can answer a lot if not most of your questions before you get real indepth.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:29:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By warpig8654:
Originally Posted By christiejr123:

Thanks

You might want to look at your patrol rifle policy first. That can answer a lot if not most of your questions before you get real indepth.

^^^
This.

Lots of depts are real particular about what you can and cannot have as a patrol rifle.
Top Top