Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2008 7:26:19 PM EDT
I ordered 2 VLTOR EMod stock kits and both kits did not come with the lock plate and nut. Has anyone else had this same problem? Not sure if this was a problem with the seller taking out the parts or VLTOR forgetting to put them in the kits. The kits are the full kit that is suppose to come with the EMOD stock, receiver extension tube, buffer and spring, lock plate and nut. Took 2 weeks to arrive and now can't install them yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I ordered 2 VLTOR EMod stock kits and both kits did not come with the lock plate and nut. Has anyone else had this same problem? Not sure if this was a problem with the seller taking out the parts or VLTOR forgetting to put them in the kits. The kits are the full kit that is suppose to come with the EMOD stock, receiver extension tube, buffer and spring, lock plate and nut. Took 2 weeks to arrive and now can't install them yet.

and why do you not know this yet.

Find out, and then we'll talk.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
just out of curiousity, who did u order them through?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
They arrived today but too late when I got home to call anyone to ask what was up with that. I was curious if anyone else had ordered those same kits and also had the same parts missing, so when I call tomorrow I might have some direction to go on. Don't want to name the seller now as not cool to put something negative out there that may not have anything to do with him.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I called VLTOR and they said what was shipped to me was not their complete kit. The seller advertised the complete kit but put together a kit himself using VLTOR parts. However, they apparently overlooked the nut and lock plate. The photo on their web site shows all the parts for the complete. Because the part number on the VLTOR box was not for their complete kit, they said I would need to contact the seller to get the missing parts from him. Could not find a phone number so I sent the store an email. Mistakes can happen but as long as the shop takes care of the problem all is fine. Hopefully I will get a reply to my email soon as I'm on day 17 since I placed the order and I'm impatient when it comes to putting together my toys.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
He ordered from me.  The items were marked out of stock.

I ran out of the complete EMod kits and took the parts out of a plain modstock kit and added them to the EMod stock shell.  I forgot the castle nut and lock ring.
Those parts are still in the sealed bag in the Modstock box and I am getting them ready to send out now.

I just got home and found out about this.

Hopefully the OP or a MOD can change this thread to "Problem with EvilBlackRifleShop.com"

This has nothing to do with VLTOR what so ever.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for taking care of the issue. I've sold a lot of things on eBay and know mistakes sometimes happen when things get busy, and all gun shops have been very busy after the elections. These stocks were out of stock at many places so I'm glad Aloha put the parts together to make a complete kit from the basic kit instead of simply canceling the order. The only suggestion I'd make would be to put the contact phone number for the store on the web site. When I got back form work today I also had an email from VLTOR saying they'd ship the parts if needed. So both the seller and VLTOR are fine in my book. Nobody is perfect; how you take care of the problem is what really counts. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Just to add a bit to this...I've placed over $2k worth of orders through evilblackrifleshop.com, Pete will take care of you regardless of how busy he gets. He has a day job though, and his Class III FFL stuff comes after work. Good to see he's getting your stuff out to you though, he offered to piece together some stuff for me a while back when some ACOG setups weren't available, he was even going to eat the cost difference. He ended up finding what I was looking for, but that was one of the reasons I have kept spending money with him.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
So your first post on this board it to bitch about a seller, and you contacted the manufacture but not the seller? Nice jerk off move. No wonder everyone hates Californians.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So your first post on this board it to bitch about a seller, and you contacted the manufacture but not the seller? Nice jerk off move. No wonder everyone hates Californians.

and thank you very much for your useful post.

*glad everything got worked out for the OP. (but now you know how to handle it in the future. )
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
problem solved good
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do you have a comprehension problem with reading English?

First of all, I didn't mention the seller's name despite someone here even asking who the seller was. It was never my intention to bad mouth anyone. I simply was confused as to why both kits were missing the same parts and curious if other people who purchased the same kit elsewhere also did not get those parts. For all I knew maybe those parts were no longer part of the kit, etc. I had no idea of the seller's reputation. I simply searched the Internet for the best price on the complete kits and his site came up as the one with the best price that had them in stock. I had never heard of Evil-Black-Rifles before I placed that order.

I did try to call the seller first but there was no phone number on the store web site to call, so I called VLTOR to ask why their "complete kit" did not come with those parts. VLTOR explained that the kit I received was a basic kit and it appeared that the seller added parts to create a complete kit.  They told me to work it out with the seller so I emailed the seller to alert him that the parts were missing. Later I was able to find a phone number but it took a bit of searching and I left a message for E-B-R.

Is it so odd to you to ask a manufacturer a question? You've never called a manufacturer to ask about something missing in a box? Have you never seen the sheet in many boxes that say "Do not return this item to the store. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx if any parts are missing or if you need service?" If not, you need to get out of your cave and go shopping more often.

The seller apparently ran out of stock of the complete kits, so he shipped the basic kits and added the extra parts to make them complete kits, but overlooked adding the nuts and lock plates. BFD, mistakes happen. It was nice of the seller to put together the kits rather than to just cancel the orders. Aloha didn't have to post his name here, and if he didn't, nobody would have known who the seller was. If anything, my post now serves to show that a simple mistake was made by the seller and he has promised to mail the missing parts the next day. That makes me more likely to buy from him again.

Now you can go unwad your panties and chill out knowing that I wasn't bitching about anyone.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and thank you very much for your useful post.

*glad everything got worked out for the OP. (but now you know how to handle it in the future. )

I'm learning... These are the first AR's I'm building myself so its all a little bit new for me.  Fortunately I purchased the lowers last year.  I figured I better buy the rest of the parts soon given Obama wining and not knowing what the heck he may do. It was a bit of a challenge to find the parts to put them together with the Obama buying frenzy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Pete has taken great care of me on my orders.

Oh, and "Contact Us"

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pete has taken great care of me on my orders.

Oh, and "Contact Us

Ok, ok, jeeze. I like talking to people instead of email when it comes to getting things done quickly. And recently I have not had much luck getting email responses from sellers. Some items I ordered on election night from other sellers still have not arrived. It took over one week to get an email response from another seller and from another one I still have not heard anything back yet. So I prefer to just call up people and get things worked out on the spot. That is how people used to communicate in the olden days and it worked pretty well.

To Aloha's credit he got back to me quickly from the "contact us" email I sent. But like I said before, I had no idea who I was dealing with. It appears people here have used him and have had good service. I think it was great how he worked around being out of stock to get me my stuff. People seem to be a little up tight over a trivial question.

Final words - Pete from Evil-Black-Rifles rocks.  Now, in the word's of one of California's finest: "Can we just get along?"
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Not trying to be an ass, but the "Contact Us" link has the phone number right above the email address.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not trying to be an ass, but the "Contact Us" link has the phone number right above the email address.

*edited so i don't start a pissing contest*
Everything is on backorder, the country went on a gun buying frenzy if you havent' noticed.  Get used to it for a while.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What web site are you looking at?

The store's home page has links for: "Home", "Store", "Services", and "About".  Check it out:
http://evil-black-rifles.com/home.aspx

There is no "Contact us" link on the home page or any other page I clicked on.

Maybe my eyes are going bad but where the heck is the phone number here?

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/PilotSmith/evil.jpg

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#18]
hold your pointer over "about" and a "contact us" drop down menu appears.  Probably not the easiest to find, but it is there.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
hold your pointer over "about" and a "contact us" drop down menu appears.  Probably not the easiest to find, but it is there.

Mystery solved. We were both right! The default web browser for Mac is Safari and that is what I usually use. The first screen shot I took was using FireFox and indeed when you scroll over "About" you get "Contact Us" to pop up. However, the screen shot below shows how the web site looks using Safari. The links are on top of each other and nothing appears when you put your cursor over them. Looks like Pete's web site HTML coding is not Safari friendly. I literally spent a good 15 minutes going over every link on the web site trying to find a phone number before I gave up and called VLTOR to check on the parts.

For the people here who jump to conclusions too fast and get all in a tizzy over nothing, here is a story. Hopefully I will not screw it up as I try to remember it:

A guy was driving his car along a winding mountain road. As he approached a blind turn a car coming from the opposite direction came from around the bend spinning out of control nearly hitting him. He hit his brakes and slowed as the passed the girl with a frazzled look on her face. As he passed her she yelled out of her window "Pig!" The guy got all pissed off at the bimbo yelling out "Pig!" to him when a moment earlier she almost wiped out his car. In a tizzy fit he stomped on the accelerator and headed into the blind turn. He then plowed into the large pig in the middle of the road.

––––––––––––-

Chill out people, you are way too uptight over nothing.

Peace.

Oh yeah, and by the way, Macs are way better than PC's.  LOL!

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/PilotSmith/safari-1.jpg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top