Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/25/2005 7:18:05 PM EDT
I was refinishing my AR today and the finish turned out great....but i am short a few parts.

A Front sight post pin and a buffer retaining pin spring (not the buffer spring. the one that keeps the buffer in place)

I can't find them anywhere!

Went to brownells website to get .50 worth of parts but forgot they wan 8.50 in shipping.

where can i find these cheap parts and not get gouged for shipping?

thanks,
t955i

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:26:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 8:01:38 PM EDT by gmtmaster]
DPMS. No shipping on small parts orders
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:27:31 PM EDT
I'm sure one of the guys that keep enough spare parts on hand to build 10 AR's will chime in and be willing to help you out. If I had spare parts I would send them to you for nothing but I am not one of those guys with impressive spare parts boxes.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 8:02:51 PM EDT by theshootersden]

Originally Posted By Triumph955i:
I was refinishing my AR today and the finish turned out great....but i am short a few parts.

A Front sight post pin and a buffer retaining pin spring (not the buffer spring. the one that keeps the buffer in place)

I can't find them anywhere!

Went to brownells website to get .50 worth of parts but forgot they wan 8.50 in shipping.

where can i find these cheap parts and not get gouged for shipping?

thanks,
t955i

$8.50 for shipping? Call them up and have them ship it first class mail, it should only be $3-4...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:12:21 PM EDT
DSGARMS has a lot of individual parts for sale. I've always purchased other, bigger ticket items along with parts, so I don't know about the shipping issue. They're an INDUSTRY "partner" so I'm sure they would gouge you like Brownells.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:26:52 PM EDT
Triumph, I keep plenty of spare parts onhand for this exact type of scenario. If you can't find a source who has them in stock (or who doesn't try to bone you on shipping) please e-mail or IM me.

I'll gladly donate the parts to help out a fellow AR freak. Just let me know if I can help.

It's absolutely no bother at all. I mean it
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:31:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CJan_NH:
Triumph, I keep plenty of spare parts onhand for this exact type of scenario. If you can't find a source who has them in stock (or who doesn't try to bone you on shipping) please e-mail or IM me.

I'll gladly donate the parts to help out a fellow AR freak. Just let me know if I can help.

Between you and mongo helping peeps out the way yins do, I don't know what to say other than you guys are super cool
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:35:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By theshootersden:

Between you and mongo helping peeps out the way yins do, I don't know what to say other than you guys are super cool

Thanks!

I do it to assuage my guilt for being a dickhead to the Colt bashers
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:37:52 PM EDT
LOL!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:41:07 PM EDT

You don't have that many parts.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:47:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 9:49:03 PM EDT by CJan_NH]

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

You don't have that many parts.

Well, I don't feel that guilty

A couple of springs every month and maybe an old follower or something is more than enough to clear my conscience.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:24:41 PM EDT
See I told you someone would be willing to help out
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:38:42 PM EDT
did you buy it as a kit?

if so i would contact who you got it from stating your dis-satisfaction with it since it was missing parts and request for replacements to be shipped out to you
Top Top