Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/6/2003 7:18:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/6/2003 7:20:40 PM EDT by wireless]
I am looking to build a 16" A2. I am considering buying an upper from an individual locally. He claims it is made by Bushmaster, but I am not sure how to verify this. One of the idendtifying marks is on the right side of the carry handle, just in front of the rear sight. It looks like the letter "A" with an "F" made onto the side of it. The other is on the right side of the front sight. It reads "D 99 R 1". The R has a circle around it (I guess it indicates a registered trademark??). These are the only markings. Nothing on the barrel...not even under the handguards. Can anyone help?

Also, is there a good reference source on this site or any other website that tells how to identify different manufacturers' parts? How do you identify stocks, bolts, carriers, and such? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

wireless
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 2:50:15 AM EDT
You'll be able to find some information regarding the markings on the upper here: [url]www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers[/url] Every Bushmaster barrel I've ever seen has been marked as such... Example: B MP 5.56NATO 1/9 Normally, the markings are located on the top portion of the barrel in front of the front sight base... [url]www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/barrelsbolts[/url]
Top Top