Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/24/2003 10:16:17 AM EDT
My question is this. If I have extended feed ramps cut into my barrel extension with the barrel mounted can I drop my whole upper into a park tank and park it even with the aluminum parts in place? Also the gas tube which is stainless steel is in place too. I know you can anodize with steel in the tank but can you park with aluminum in the tank?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:34:21 AM EDT
i think aluminum parts and park are bad for one another. why do you want to park the feed ramps. they will work much better if they are bright and shiny. with park on them they will have a grainy finish and may cause bullets to hang up on them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:12:22 AM EDT
Factory feed ramps are parked. I just want to prevent rust. Should I cold bleu them as a touch up instead? Also the Bushmaster barrels are not parked under the front sight and with my PRI front sight installed you can see a thin ring of bare metal in front of the sight where its unfinished. I am trying to avoid having to send the upper off to have the feed ramps cut thenthe whole barrel reparked and putting the whole rifle back together again. I want to send it off to Gemtech to get the Bilock installed and just deal with the feed ramps and repark later.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:26:15 AM EDT
Devl,I tried to reply your message, but your mesage box is full. Can we meet tomorrow afternoon at 4:30PM? Thanks
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:50:27 PM EDT
Aluminum parts + Parkerizing solution = Hydrogen. Hydrogen + Open flame = Bad. The aluminum reacts with the parkerizing solution producing hydrogen. I would pull the barrel and just repark it. It only takes 5 min to pull a barrel. Even with a steel receiver I would pull the barrel. The grease will leach out of the threads into the park solution and cause spotting. I always do a thorough degrease before putting anything into park. Just my $0.02. IDHunt
Top Top