Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/24/2003 2:03:22 PM EDT
I was thinking about trying to freshen up the maganese phosphate finish on my bushy barrel from the fsb to the mini y how hard is this stuff to apply? I see lauer firearms has small one pint bottles for 17.00 shipped.Do I need to plug the muzzle on a chromed lined barrel?Can I just heat this stuff on the stove to 175 degrees and sit my muzzle in it for 10 minutes and everything will look great?I realise I need to degrease first,I figured brake cleaner would work well for this.Is there any part of this prosses I am overlooking that is going to cause my attempt at parkerizing to fail or look like $h!*? my biggest concern is with the bore and if it is important that I plug it.
thanks for any input
Mike
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:14:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/24/2003 2:15:01 PM EDT by sslocal]
Go here and do research. It will be worth your time. http://www.parkerizingtanks.com/index.html edit to correct spelling
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:25:24 PM EDT
Roadrash- Parkerizing and Maganese Phosphate are two different processes. "Parkerizing" is Zinc Phosphate, which normally turns out light gray. Maganese Phosphate turns out dark gray/black. Appling the two processes are similar. My two cents worth. ls
Top Top