Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 9:16:37 PM EDT
I am looking to build an AR piece by piece. I thought about having a buddy of mine with an FFL order me a panther arms a2 lower from gunsnstuff.net. Then getting the panther arms 16'' post-pan upper for xmas. The lower is 216$ and the uppers are $350. It says complete with bolt assembly but I'm not sure if it has the charging handle or not. Anyways I was just wondering is these are good quality AR parts or not?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You are talking about DPMS right? If so yes its good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Done Properly Might Shoot

I have bad experiences with them on 2 rifles
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Should I spend the extra cash and get a bushmaster or what? Yeah I am talking about DPMS.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You are talking about DPMS right? If so yes its good stuff.hr

I have to agree, i have one from CMMG and have never had a problem with it, i love it so much i am in the process of building another one The lower price seems kinda sttep IMO. I got mine from ccmg for i beleive 105 and then the parts it for like 60 or so and then just followed one of the post here while building it and had no problems.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Had one and wouldn't ever want another. I'd tell ya to stay clear and go with the ABCs. Seems like DPMS is a real hit and miss company.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems like everything on this site is hit or miss. No matter what you ask about half the people will say it is good and half will say its junk.

Do the DPMS parts come with any kind of warranty?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never bought a complete rifle from them or used any of their barrels.  But I've got three lower receivers from them and several upper receivers.  I've also used a lot of small parts from them.  2 of the lower are cast but I got them cheap at a time when it was difficult to find lowers anywhere.  They are not bad but one of them needed to be opened up a little at the rear so that an upper would fit into it.  The other lower is forged and the quality of it is excellent.

The only problem with DPMS, and the thing that has caused me to not buy from them in a couple of years is that their prices for many parts are too high.  RRA sells parts that are at least as good quality for less money.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Does RRA have a site?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#9]
RRA
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top