Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 4/21/2007 8:49:56 AM EDT
I have shot the army's sdm-r as i went through that school but since panther made made them are they like the army's or what is different on them. Or do you think the panther mk12 is a better choice. im looking to buy a new rifle of this sort comfortable at 300-600 yds range so what are your thoughts barking up the wrong tree? Please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:52:12 PM EDT
I don't think either of the Panther "versions" are anywhere close to the military specs. For one, the military versions are Knights Armament intensive, while the Panther uses YHM parts for handguards and such. To create a close to spec rifle with Knights parts would cost significantly more. In addition, the dpms barrels are no where near the military spec, while they are OK, there isnt a commercially available source for the exact barrels used by the military. Building very close to spec rifles is possible, but it wont be cheap. It is also possible to build a rifle that looks like the mill spec rifles, but use parts that are between the price ranges of each.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:03:38 PM EDT

My opinion is they are probably plenty accurate but not dead-nuts reliable.
Top Top