Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2003 4:55:22 PM EDT
Hello.I would like to have a set in OD and tan so that I can chage the apperance of the rifle.

How can i get paint on these that will stick and look dull and good.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I used Krylon Ultra Flat OD and it worked real good.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownell's Alumahyde II is good, but the OD is pretty light.  The Krylon camo series is nice and flat, but does not seem quite as durable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Or you can just buy some from Wes and sell your black ones, come on, do your part to help stimulate the economy [:d]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
RUSTOLEUM MAKES A CAMO PAINT KIT, SOLD AROUND HERE AT WALMART. YOU CAN'T GET RUSTOLEUM OFF ANYTHING. THIS COULD BE GOOD. THIS COULD BE BAD.

WES GRANT
[URL]MSTN.BIZ[/URL]
View Quote

Say, for instance, if you were to run over a can of it with a Lincoln Navigator?

(Sorry Wes)
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#7]
My Rustoleum M1A stock it tough as nails...good stuff do come from Wally World [:D]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Use NAPA's plastic bumper primer before you paint them,(won't rub off)
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Paint made with fish oil, Hoppes #9 made with banana oil...put these together you can have a light lunch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ACTUALLY, IT WAS A BLACK FORD F-150. I HAD BOUGHT SOME "FOREST GREEN" RUSTOLEUM ON SALE TO USE ON THE STEEL TARGETS. LOST ONE IN THE GRASS. LOOKED LIKE FLUORESCENT GREEN ON THE BLACK PAINT.

MEK, BOOTLEG TRICHLOROFLUORETHANE, RUBBING COMPOUND, ACETONE, ETC... NOTHING WOULD GET RUSTOLEUM OFF. IT'S MADE WITH FISH OIL OR SOMETHING WEIRD. STINKS WHEN YOU SPRAY IT.

WES
View Quote

Wes,

You didn't get Rustoleum on your SVT did you?  I must have missed that thread.

E-95
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
You could even use Gun-kote if they are high temp plastic. I beadblasted some furniture and used gunkote and it held up fine- even baked it at 300 degrees for 40 minutes however I would not go past that time or you may melt something.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Chris,,,I've got a connection for both KG guncoat and Duracoating...If you'd like...I can get them done for you...You've been helpful to me so ill get them done at "my cost"...Only problem i can see is they will have to "sit" for awhile after coating as they cannot be baked.......Anyway let me know.................UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top