Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 8:54:02 PM EST
Well I dotn know if anyone rememebers but many months ago Chen /SMG Lee told me I need to paint my ACOG to complete my gun.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:50:24 PM EST
I thought of painting mine, but would doing so void the factory warranty?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:55:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 6:56:12 AM EST by Va_Dinger]
Kevin, every one of them looks awesome. It does take certian amount of courage to take a spray can to a $1000 scope.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:07:50 AM EST
You've got BIG BRASS BALLS for painting any of your optics, but they always turn out GREAT.

Let's see, ACOG up to $1000, Leupold M3 Tactical - $700+, Aimpoint - $300+ (All retail prices of course) - those are some heavy investment to be painting, but you've got the touch.

Wish I had the balls to paint my equipment. I know it is almost impossible to screw up camo and I have had a can of paint "cocked and locked" hovering over one of my hunting rifles, but I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Your work is inspiring and has me thinking about painting something................Now, where did I put that can of OD green..................
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:53:37 AM EST
Painting is all about a series of quick, light coats. That is key, I think.

The very first coat should be pretty light. You don't want runs.

Also good prep work is a must.....ie taping, de-greasing, etc....
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:31:59 PM EST
Kevin B and mcgrubbs:

What types of paints do you guys use to paint your weapons? I've been thinking about it for a while; I think I'll finally do it soon, just trying to learn a few more tips from people with experience.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:51:49 AM EST
I found a few websites that provide some pretty awesome paint jobs for your weapons and accessories.
www.bearcoat.com and www.lauerweaponry.com

Top Top