Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:41:24 PM EDT
I read in a magazine or something somewhere that your .30-06 gold medal is designed for or more simply put, Garand friendly.  I'm thinking it is the 168 grain loading.  If so, please confirm.  Also, is your 150 grain ballistic tip Garand friendly?  From what I can tell from the experts on this site and battlerifles.com, the powder is one of the main things to make it "friendly".  Plus the velocity or pressure.  But too slow of a powder is bad.  Thank you in advance.

J.J.Rea
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you very much sir.  I recalled reading a magazine article about the battle rifle class at Thunder Ranch or somewhere like that, I'm pretty sure it was Clint Smith, and he recommended your load for the Garand.  The 168 grainer that is.  There is much to do about this subject, and no definitive answer.  But I find your response excellent, because from what I can tell if it's the correct powder and close to original spec pressure, then it should be ok.  Your 150 grain load seems like it'd be on the high end of pressure but hopefully not too much.  I'm probably going to use it for deer hunting this year.   I won't be using a ton of it anyways.  Sorry for the long winded answer, thank you.

Now pay attention everyone, this is the appitomy of Customer Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jeff.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top