Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/30/2011 3:41:29 PM EST
I'm looking into this product because I just can't stand it when the stock/buffer tube is not perfectly aligned with the receiver. Also, my buffer tube worked itself loose once during a day of heavy shooting.

Has anyone had any experience with the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube? Does it work as advertised? (perfect alignment every time, no need to stake castle nut, no way for the buffer tube to work itself loose, etc). I don't care if it's supposed to reduce carrier tilt since I have a DI gun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:06:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 5:07:01 PM EST by PursuitSS]
Originally Posted By ritterbruder:
I'm looking into this product because I just can't stand it when the stock/buffer tube is not perfectly aligned with the receiver. Also, my buffer tube worked itself loose once during a day of heavy shooting.

Has anyone had any experience with the PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube? Does it work as advertised? (perfect alignment every time, no need to stake castle nut, no way for the buffer tube to work itself loose, etc). I don't care if it's supposed to reduce carrier tilt since I have a DI gun.

I have one on my duty carbine, they are well designed.

They are a little "overkill". Overkill is a good thing
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:07:47 PM EST
I don't know how to stake a castle nut and I don't want to do anything that would be hard to undo, so as long as my buffer tube won't loosen again during shooting and as long as I won't be all OCD about my stock being aligned, I'd definitely go for the overkill

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:52:43 AM EST
I don't know how to stake a castle nut and I don't want to do anything that would be hard to undo, so as long as my buffer tube won't loosen again during shooting and as long as I won't be all OCD about my stock being aligned, I'd definitely go for the overkill

Thanks

If you install one, make SURE and use blue Loctite on the three hex screws.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:06:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2011 6:07:08 AM EST by SA80Dan]

Thanks

FWIW, a drunken monkey could stake a castle nut....and its even easier if you use a $5 automatic center punch.....a heck of lot cheaper than one of these fancy buffer tubes (IMHO, this is really one of those areas where you would be better off spending the money on some other more critical rifle part).

Automatic Centerpunch

The idea of staking is not to get it so it won't loosen ever....just so it won't back off when you don't want it to. Every stake I've done has never ever backed off in use, however has been easy to undo with a good twist of a 3 pin castle nut wrench when I wanted it to.

The perfect alignment issue....just take your time, its really not hard to do.
Top Top