Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 7:29:07 AM EDT
How good are PWA lowers?  I have never heard of the company before.  I also discovered that they are no longer in business.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Looseline
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Pac West Arms.They're forged receivers and the one I've had has been great.No problems with any uppers or mags fitting it.I'd say they're just as good as any other forged receivers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my M-4 and it's a great receiver! Finish is great, forged A-OK.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine. No problems. Great forged receiver.

PWA, to my knowledge, never made assembled firearms. I have been told that prior to the AWB, dealers would assemble these into complete firearms, take a picture, date it and then disassemble them just to squeaze in compliance with the letter of the law. So you might want to have some proof that it was a fully assembled rifle prior to 94. Difficult to prove or disprove at this point.

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
How would one prove that it was a fully assembled rifle prior to 94.  Since the company has gone out of business and trying to locate the previous onwers might be a little tough. Seems like a very tough task.  

Thanks for all the info
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The just as good if not better than any other receiver. I love mine and if their is ever an issue, find a recipt saying how it was a complete rife how can they prove you wrong? and why would they go through the trouble? it wont make a difference after Sept anyway.
         FREE
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Another happy PWA owner [:)]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]

PWA prebans are great. Best fit and finish of any I own, including Colt.  

You can still buy postban PWA lowers. Not sure of the source but they are available.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I love mine.  No problems here.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a PWA and then I stupidly sold it.

Now I paid twice what I got for the PWA to buy a OLY ARMS POS lower moly coated (I HOPE THIS BAN DIES HARD.)

That PWA was very close to a current production post ban lower (very nice anodizing reinforcements were up to date.) the OLY lower is way out of spec.   POS  Damn I hate that lower but it the best I can afford now that they are half the price of M-16's : ) JK but close though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top