Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2007 10:57:13 AM EDT
I just got a pre-94 ban PWA carbine for the grand sum of $500.  In addition to the PWA logo being inside an oval like LMT, it also says MILAN, IL.  Is there a relation between the two companies?
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#1]
LMT took over production facilities after PWA went out of business.  I'm sure there's more to the story but essentially they are one-and-the-same.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't Karl Lewis use to be partners in Armalite or was partners with the current owner of Armalite?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the intel gents.  I love the rifle!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Didn't Karl Lewis use to be partners in Armalite or was partners with the current owner of Armalite?

nope Karl  Lewis started Eagle Arms to make complete rifles out of the parts he was supplying to almost everyone.  Then Westrom bought the company and then the name Armalite.  and wallah.....

IIRC (I had one) Eagle Arms lowers marked Coal Valley IL are those from the Lewis days.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#5]
wow, im always amazed at all the knowledge this board has to offer.  you guys are impressing.  i love this website.

thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
wow, im always amazed at all the knowledge this board has to offer.  you guys are impressing.  i love this website.

thanks for sharing your wisdom!

I wish I could take credit, but I got my info from the AR15/M16 sourcebook.  

(having memorized it, I passed it on free of charge to a newb who bought a rifle from me.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]

That newb would be me, but I'm catching up. I've graduated to regurgitating others' advice to total newbs. Gotta love progress, eh?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Remember people, if it says "Commando", its got to be good.

Yes, I have a PWA Commando lower with a 14.5" LMT Upper riding atop. A little new with a little bit of old school.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just got a pre-94 ban PWA carbine for the grand sum of $500.  In addition to the PWA logo being inside an oval like LMT, it also says MILAN, IL.  Is there a relation between the two companies?

Seems like a good price.  I almost choked when I saw $799 on one at Joe's Sporting Goods which is just down the road from me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That newb would be me, but I'm catching up. I've graduated to regurgitating others' advice to total newbs. Gotta love progress, eh?

hahahah  GREAT avatar.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top