Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 2:25:24 PM EST
I have a preban PWA AR15 with a 20" heavy barrel. Since the federal ban lifted, are these still worth alot? What I would like is a 16" middy barrel, other than that I'm happy with what I've got. I don't want to make any changes that will cost me anything, so I'm banking on the preban getting me some money.

So should I sell the whole thing or just sell the lower and get a new lower, barrel, and gas block?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:38:00 PM EST
Complete pre-ban lowers will go for $500-700 in ban states.

Most pre-ban rifles I have seen have been in the $13-1400 neighborhood. I must admit that I have not seen many rifles, mostly lowers.

Peruse the old and new EE to find a fair asking price.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:25:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By JonnyVain:
I have a preban PWA AR15 with a 20" heavy barrel. Since the federal ban lifted, are these still worth alot? What I would like is a 16" middy barrel, other than that I'm happy with what I've got. I don't want to make any changes that will cost me anything, so I'm banking on the preban getting me some money.

So should I sell the whole thing or just sell the lower and get a new lower, barrel, and gas block?

I sold a complete lower that was in my collection since 1993............for 700.00

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:09:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By 6mmAR15:
Originally Posted By JonnyVain:

I sold a complete lower that was in my collection since 1993............for 700.00

I just traded an Oly Lower for 2 NIB Noveske Stripped lowers. I posted a thread and got a lot of info in return. Take a look. People posted some links to places you can post yours for trade or sale.

From my recent experience, take some good pictures and describe the lower/rifle up front. Forged or cast etc. I did a poor job of this and got a lot of questions bc of it. Once I redid the ad on New EE, I got a ton of offers almost right away. Probably could of done better in way of a trade, but the guy was good, quick and 2 for 1 is more than fair.

Good luck.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=447266
Top Top