Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 9:29:30 AM EST
I've looked around online and found undetailed reviews, most said they were good but avoid the earlier models. I figure I'd ask here. I'm asking cause I found a clean, solid appearing, and nice looking full-size AR with an AK74 style hider for a good price locally. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:39:54 AM EST
try pkfirearms.com they will treat you right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:38:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By Nighthawk1983:
I've looked around online and found undetailed reviews, most said they were good but avoid the earlier models. I figure I'd ask here. I'm asking cause I found a clean, solid appearing, and nice looking full-size AR with an AK74 style hider for a good price locally. Thanks!

Are you sure it is a whole PWA rifle and not just built on a PWA receiver?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:33:59 AM EST
PWA never made full rifles. The lower receivers are pretty good, though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:54:39 AM EST
I built my first AR on a PWA lower in the 80's. It's still going strong.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:38:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By David0858:

Originally Posted By Nighthawk1983:

Are you sure it is a whole PWA rifle and not just built on a PWA receiver?
I believe it's just the lower, only thing marked PWA, but since lowers are what the government considers the gun I described it as such.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:39:07 PM EST
good to hear these are reliable lowers. I hope it's still there tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:07:26 PM EST
PWA lowers were made by LMT.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:35:51 PM EST
PWA lowers got kind of a bad rap back in those days... people would buy a crap Nesard reject/nonspec rifle kit and build them on PWA lowers...

I think Nesard is Model1 Sales now? Not sure...
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:46:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By xenophobe:
PWA lowers got kind of a bad rap back in those days... people would buy a crap Nesard reject/nonspec rifle kit and build them on PWA lowers...

I first got my PWA lower in 1990 and built it on a Nesard kit because they were cheap and I was a broke college student. What a horrible mistake . They used rusty old M16 parts and modified them (using a bench grinder and a hammer it seemed) into AR15 parts. Unfortunately, there was no such thing as ARFCOM back then to warn us.

I purged all the Nesard parts and replaced almost everything with Bushmaster (aka Quality Parts Co.) parts. I've since put thousands of rounds through it and it still works great.

I think Nesard is Model1 Sales now? Not sure...

When Nesard went kaput in 1997-1998, It broke-up into different companies.... M&A Parts, Model 1 Sales, Sherluk, and (I think one more).

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:39:20 AM EST
If I ever run into PWA lowers or people that are willing to seperate a lower from the upper, I will buy it. I like 'em.

I haven't seen one in a few years now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:27:48 PM EST
I just sold my pre-ban PWA lower to a fellow AR lover in the Peoples Republik of New York. He needed a pre-ban, I was the original owner, we worked out a fair deal, we are both happy.

My father has another pre-ban PWA purchased the same time mine was (late 80s) with a serial number 11xxx just like mine. They are fine rifles, never had a problem with mine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:09:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By cszy67:
I just sold my pre-ban PWA lower to a fellow AR lover in the Peoples Republik of New York. He needed a pre-ban, I was the original owner, we worked out a fair deal, we are both happy.

My father has another pre-ban PWA purchased the same time mine was (late 80s) with a serial number 11xxx just like mine. They are fine rifles, never had a problem with mine.

Sending them behind the lines is a great idea for everyone involved.

The PWA's are nice, I just got one not long ago from a coworker who retired. He just wanted rid of most of his guns.

Like new, tight and nice. Damn nice rifles.
Top Top