Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2005 10:32:33 AM EDT
I just got a PWA stripped lower at a great price from RB Precision. Comparing it to my LMT lower, I noticed that the rear portion above the pistol grip is machined identical! It's also slightly purple like my LMT upper & lower. Is this an LMT before LMT was LMT? (Try saying that three times) I read that LMT did/does lowers for Lauer. Who else do they produce? This might be a canidate for my 10.5" SBR since it is marked "Commando" Sorry if these questions are dumb or redundant, but I did a search for PWA & only pics for a guys build came up. All advice, info & replies are greatly appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't give you any information as to what company PWA is or was, but I can tell you that PWA lowers are among the best out there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two PWA lowers myself..   If you notice PWA lowers and LMT lowers both come from Milan, IL, and they have darned neal identical markings.  I hear that LMT made the lowers for PWA or something to that effect.

Some more info: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=242764
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Pac West Arms.  They were very nice, high quality lowers, and all I have seen were before the Clinton gun ban.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
where are yall getting your new pwa lowers.  i have had one for years and like that it is marked commando.  i want to get another one.  i looked at rb's site but didnt see one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
where are yall getting your new pwa lowers.  i have had one for years and like that it is marked commando.  i want to get another one.  i looked at rb's site but didnt see one.

I got lucky on the EE with a guy that backed out on them. RB only had two for sale. I don't know how old they are but I suspect that they are post-ban. Bob, Krista..any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!

Robert
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have two PWA lowers myself..   If you notice PWA lowers and LMT lowers both come from Milan, IL, and they have darned neal identical markings.  I hear that LMT made the lowers for PWA or something to that effect.

Some more info: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=242764

Yes, LMT made lowers under contract for PWA .

Denny

Denny,

What was the other brand, before Lauer, that you were selling on your site that was made by LMT??

Robert
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
PWAs are nice.  The only thing I do not like about the preban models is the way the front and rear take down pins feel.  Something is dimensionally incorrect that makes it tough to push these pins in and out.  I'm not talking about a brand new build, these are lowers that have been used.  I have experience with an A1 and A2 lower with serial numbers way apart, both having this same issue.  There is something different about these when compared to Colts, Bushmasters, Olympic Arms (later models) and SGWs I've handled.  Perhaps the left over postbans/nobans on the EE have corrected this flaw.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
PWA is now Rock River Arms, if that helps. It was my first lower and I loved it. However I found it to be a bit twichy with different types of ammo. My colt had no problems and my bushy (my go to war gun) seems to eat any ammo as well. In the end I sold the PWA, but I miss it...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two PWA Commando lowers.  Very nice, no problems with fit or function.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I have two PWA complete lowers.  Look fine.  Work fine.  They are top notch.

I called RRA (I think it was RRA) one time and the guy on the phone used to do QC for PWA.  He even had a serial number list to let me know that the lower I had was post Klintoon ban.  Don't assume PWA is pre-ban!!!
(some were cast too)

PWA=Pack West Arms  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
PWA is now Rock River Arms, if that helps. It was my first lower and I loved it. However I found it to be a bit twichy with different types of ammo. My colt had no problems and my bushy (my go to war gun) seems to eat any ammo as well. In the end I sold the PWA, but I miss it...

That's the first time I've ever heard that.

They used to be located in Cleveland, IL, and moved to Colona a year or 2 ago, but I've never heard that they used to be PWA.

Besides, RRA gets their lowers from CMT;not LMT.

I don't know. Maybe someone in the know will chime in.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Robert,

Thanks for the insight & thanks for the great price on my PWA lower! At one time, before I really knew what quality was, RB was advertising a lower with a "last chance to buy" heading. Was this the PWA's that you bought from LMT? Did LMT do anybody else's lowers other than DSA & Lauer? All replies are greatly appreciated!

Robert

PS I got a chance to look at a Troy CQB gun today & Stag Arms is doing their lowers without that deer head of course!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top