Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2004 7:29:55 AM EDT
I had a pair of 7Bs for a while, and they were nice.  I was short on cash, so I sold them and got some cheaper ATN "gen 3" crap; needless to say, the ATN got sold soon after.  Now, I'm debating whether to get a pair of PVS-7Bs (ITT NE5001UL) or a 14 (NQ6015UL).  I have difficulty imagining that the weapon-mounting of the 14 would be that useful for me, but is probably easier to wear for long periods of time.  Is using a single eye distracting for long-term use?  Any comments from people who have tried both?

TIA,
fiz
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Check SavvySurvior for some good advice.

Thanks for the pointer, Paul.  I didn't know the difference between the commercial & military versions.

but I figured what the hell, I have a dremel tool

I found myself saying that this very afternoon.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I use issued PVS7s at work, and own a 14 at home, the 14 is ALOT better in my personal opinion. Your other eye adapts and gets natural night vision, and so you have depth perception unlike the 7s. Also your eyes automatically let the one that can see take over, so all that you directly see out of is the night vision covered eye.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no question. 14s!

Never let the thought of those D@#% PVS 7s cross your mind again.

To have to wear PVS 7s is a fate worse than death!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep go for the 14 over the 7 anyday of the week. The 7 is ONLY for observation. A 14 can be adapted to either weapons mounting or to a head harness. Now there are some newer scopes out like the NVM 14 but they are even MORE expensive than a 14 and at this point the 14 still works pretty damn good for me.

IPSC_GUY
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top