Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2015 2:59:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2015 3:00:56 PM EST by blakdak007]
For those that have hands on experience with these, what kind of accuracy can I expect from it? I was looking at the 16" SS midlength 1/8 kit. This rifle will have a midrange power scope on it so I'd like it to be fairly accurate. Don't need sub-MOA, but I'd like it to do less than 2"...can she accomplish that pretty effortlessly? Thanks fellas

EDITED: I didn't think about it but I guess I could have posted this in the Industry
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:14:22 PM EST
I have a freedom SS 16" midlength 1/7 and it's quite accurate. With American Eagle 50gr varmint tip ammo it shoots around 1 moa groups at 100 and 200 yards. It also has a free float SQR rail and a 3-9 scope.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:19:43 PM EST
As long as you use good match grade ammo or handloads, that rifle should easily meet your accuracy requirements (assuming you mean 2" at 100 yards). I wouldn't say anybody could accomplish sub 2 MOA "effortlessly" though. It took me a good bit of practice on the fundamentals before I could consistently shoot that well from field positions. If she's shooting off a bench rest it makes it easier, but even then you still have to have some halfway decent fundamentals to consistently hold under 2 MOA. I wouldn't have any worries about the rifle being the limiting factor though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:23:10 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By henschman:
As long as you use good match grade ammo or handloads, that rifle should easily meet your accuracy requirements (assuming you mean 2" at 100 yards). I wouldn't say anybody could accomplish sub 2 MOA "effortlessly" though. It took me a good bit of practice on the fundamentals before I could consistently shoot that well from field positions. If she's shooting off a bench rest it makes it easier, but even then you still have to have some halfway decent fundamentals to consistently hold under 2 MOA. I wouldn't have any worries about the rifle being the limiting factor though.
View Quote

Yeah this is true..I worded that wrong lol. I meant it as: Will the gun do it as long as the shooter does their part

Good to know guys, thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:38:13 PM EST
I have one of their stainless Freedom barreled uppers and you can get 2 MOA groups with good ammo. I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of the barrel for the cost.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:15:31 PM EST
I know it's not exactly what you're asking, but I built the kit out in July and with irons at 50yds I peppered an 8" circle with thirty rounds of cheap ammo at a decent speed. I'm not bad but not amazing - I think given what I saw I could make 2 moa with mine using a $100 scope, decent ammo, and slowing down.
Top Top