Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2015 3:59:59 PM EDT
For those that have hands on experience with these, what kind of accuracy can I expect from it? I was looking at the 16" SS midlength 1/8 kit. This rifle will have a midrange power scope on it so I'd like it to be fairly accurate. Don't need sub-MOA, but I'd like it to do less than 2"...can she accomplish that pretty effortlessly? Thanks fellas

EDITED: I didn't think about it but I guess I could have posted this in the Industry
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a freedom SS 16" midlength 1/7 and it's quite accurate. With American Eagle 50gr varmint tip ammo it shoots around 1 moa groups at 100 and 200 yards. It also has a free float SQR rail and a 3-9 scope.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as you use good match grade ammo or handloads, that rifle should easily meet your accuracy requirements (assuming you mean 2" at 100 yards).  I wouldn't say anybody could accomplish sub 2 MOA "effortlessly" though.  It took me a good bit of practice on the fundamentals before I could consistently shoot that well from field positions.  If she's shooting off a bench rest it makes it easier, but even then you still have to have some halfway decent fundamentals to consistently hold under 2 MOA.  I wouldn't have any worries about the rifle being the limiting factor though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as you use good match grade ammo or handloads, that rifle should easily meet your accuracy requirements (assuming you mean 2" at 100 yards). I wouldn't say anybody could accomplish sub 2 MOA "effortlessly" though.  It took me a good bit of practice on the fundamentals before I could consistently shoot that well from field positions.  If she's shooting off a bench rest it makes it easier, but even then you still have to have some halfway decent fundamentals to consistently hold under 2 MOA.  I wouldn't have any worries about the rifle being the limiting factor though.
View Quote

Yeah this is true..I worded that wrong lol. I meant it as: Will the gun do it as long as the shooter does their part

Good to know guys, thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of their stainless Freedom barreled uppers and you can get 2 MOA groups with good ammo.  I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of the barrel for the cost.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I know it's not exactly what you're asking, but I built the kit out in July and with irons at 50yds I peppered an 8" circle with thirty rounds of cheap ammo at a decent speed.  I'm not bad but not amazing - I think given what I saw I could make 2 moa with mine using a $100 scope, decent ammo, and slowing down.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top