Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2005 4:03:16 PM EDT
WELL I HAVE A A2 AND WANTED TO MOUNT A SCOPE ON THE TOP SO I BOUGHT THE LITTILE DEAL THAT BOLTS UP TO THE TOP OF THE HANDEL AND PUT A SCOPE ON IT WELL I WENT TO SIGHT IT IN AND IT WAS SHOOTING LOW I TRYED TO ADJUST IT BUT ITS LIKE THE SCOPE IS TO HIGH UP AND IT DOESNT HAVE ANY MORE ADJUSTMENT WHAT CAN I DO   THANKS CHAD M
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What brand and model of scope is it? What distance are you zeroing at?

In general, mounting an optic on a carry handle complicates the situation greatly. The height of the optic above the bore throws things off a bit to say the least. Besides getting a different scope (one designed for a carry handle mount) or a different mount (one designed to compensate for mounting an optic on the carry handle), your best best is to replace your A2 upper receiver with an A3 upper receiver. It's really not the expensive.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info i am just going to get a a3 upper where is the best place to get it
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thanks for the info i am just going to get a a3 upper where is the best place to get it

Go look in the Equipment Exchange on this site. There are a plethora of vendors that sell exactly what you're looking for in a variety of price ranges.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top