Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 6:16:51 AM EDT
What advantages does the PRI carbon fiber free-float handguard have over the fiberglass Armalite free-float tube that justifies the 3X cost difference for the PRI?  Can either of these tubes be installed on a rifle that still has the normal front sight post?  I have only seem them in pictures with the milled front sight.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
i have had both and would say unless you plan on mounting something on the rails the pri is just cost more. i beleive the pri is lighter and has cooloing holes but to just freefloat your barrel i would go with the armalite. to put it on your barrel you would have to knock out the pins install then put the front sight back on. im not sure if there is room so you should check first.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What about Armalite's new carbon tube, it looks like the pri but without the holes, and again about half the cost?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top