Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 2:21:07 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting a fat boy gas tube fro my LMT 16 upper with a Larue lowpro gas block.  Are they good, bad or okay.  Any input would help

thanks!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was thinking of getting a fat boy gas tube fro my LMT 16 upper with a Larue lowpro gas block.  Are they good, bad or okay.  Any input would help

thanks!!!!!

Don't buy one unless you are trying to fix a specific problem such as extraction problems from overfunction.  And even then try a Defender or an Oring or an extra-power extractor spring first.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one in a 14.5 gun and with milspec ammo you could feel a difference in the recoil. But when things went south was when I used some regular Remington ammunition from Wal Mart. The gun turned into an instant single shot.

So if  you do run one I'd advise to definetly function test with your ammunition.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
It also does a good job at some rate reduction in full auto but there are better alternatives.  As said, if you don't have a problem to fix, pass on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top