Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:53:45 AM EDT
How much does the quiet comp reduce muzzle flip and how quiet can this brake be? I'm looking for a brake that will give me the ability for a quick follow up shot or an accurate double tap. Is this the one or is there something better, like the Bennie Cooley Tactical comp. Any input on what you think is the best comp is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
slygunner
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I replaced my JP tank brake with a PRI. There is much less muzzle blast and no negative effect with follow up shots. But it is still a brake so it is not exactly quiet!
I think it is the best compromise!

Walli
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Dans Brother here
I purchased an AWC Landlord .300 WM 8 years ago.  It came with the AWC HyperDyne Compensator.   SUPER COOL,,  slight reductions in noise and NO muzzel jump.  Too bad ATF ruled that the Comp was technically a suppressor cause it reduced 3 - 4 Db.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
i had the mstn/pri qc brake not too long ago.

first brake i have ever owned so initially i was shocked at the blast! though not directed towards me it was loud!. muzzle rise was barely to non existant but the noise it made turned me off. after finding some other shooters with brakes on their rifles i compared them to the qc brake and noticed that it was a bit quieter than normal brakes.

so it was loud but not as loud as it could be, worked as designed and advertised none the less
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The whole point is that it's quieter than other comps that provide similar handling characteristics. You want quiet, get a 'can...

-z
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The whole point is that it's quieter than other comps that provide similar handling characteristics. You want quiet, get a 'can...

-z

what i tried to get across in my long winded post
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help guys. I just wanted to know why its called the Quiet Comp, I have been around enough comps to know that they aren't quiet. I thought about a can but I don't really need one to shoot varmints(coyotes maybe). I also don't want to end up with a box full of comps just to find the right one.

Thanks,
slygunner
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
You might try a Phantom 5C2. It is an excellent flash suppressor, reduces muzzle rise, and is much quieter than a tradional comp.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top