Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 4:55:48 AM EDT
What's the difference between the Pri fatboy Gastube over the Standard Gastube? do i need to get an pri fatboy gastube for my M4 14.5 bushmaster barrel?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#1]
The fat boy tube has a larger diameter over the barrel section of the rifle.  This increased tube volume softens the gas spike on unlock.

Do you need a fat boy tube, No.  The M-4 work just fine without it. Just make sure that you have the correct M-4 ejector spring in the bolt (black insert, not blue).
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#2]
they're a better idea for really short barreled rifles. Such as anything below 11.5"
You should be fine!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two rifles with the Fat Boy, one is 11.5" and is a good edition.  The other is an M4.  I tell you this, don't bother unless you have a problem with extraction and can't solve it with just updating your extractor spring.  I don't think it is necessary on anything longer than 11.5" unless you are shooting a large caliber like the Beowulf or other some such, then it can reduce recoil.

Don't fix what ain't broke.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top