Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 6:18:59 PM EDT
I'm hoping someone here has used this product( PRI Fat Boy gas tube) in their AR15 and could tell me if it performed as advertised. I'd like to put it in a RRA Tactical Car UTE2 Link   I have already installed a RRA 9mm. buffer, and it has helped. I saw this product and was wondering if it would be of additional benefit to my carbine. I run xm193, xm855, and BH blue box 50, 52, 55, and 68gr. ammo, no under-powered ammo, so I'm supposing that the AR15 would still cycle well. Could anyone tell me from their own experience? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I run them on my three carbine gas system guns (two 14.5’s and a 16). I really like the smoother recoil.

Some people will say that you don’t need them, and they’re right. But I like them, and they have not caused any cycling problems for me, ever.

And Wes is not a bad guy to get them from.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]
What about Lafrance twin tube - any good?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I am also thinking about putting one of these on my carbine.
It seems that the consensus is that these will in essence turn your carbine gas system into a mid-length gas system.

+gas volume = -gas pressure

Has anyone tested the peak pressure difference when using these compared to the standard gas tube?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys, that's exactly what I wanted to know. When they get back in production, I'll be looking to pick one up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top