Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 3:25:58 PM EDT
I'm having difficulty installing a PRI Fatboy on a BM upper.  Where the gas tybe steps up towards the upper, it will not pass through the "clover leaf" opening in the upper.  Any experience/ advice/ solutions?

Thanks for looking guys.

S2
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Recommend you ask Wes at [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN[/url], he installs lots of these.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll assume tha you are trying to install the Fatboy in the same "quicky" method as a standard tube.  That is sliding alongside of the front sight tower, into the upper and then forward into the front sight tower.  While I have not done this install (yet) it seems to me that because of its increased diameter, you will not be able to slip it deep enough into the upper to clear the sight tower.  You have to drift out the taper pins on the sight tower and slide it forward, insert the tube into the upper, slide the sight tower back, guiding the tube into the tower and reinstall the taper pins. Done.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny,
I was thinking that very same thing today.  I considered it, but before I go that route, I was going to wait to see if there was any other way.  Thanks.

S2
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top