Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2010 1:10:25 PM EDT
I am wanting to use this set up on my new rifle I am building. The question is the top rail is a little higher than the upper reciever. Is there a shorter front sight I can use on this set up so I can get it to work with my LMT rear sight? Thanks John
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 4:24:42 PM EDT
I talked to them about this at SHOT and in more recent conversation, and they were considering a few different options (some at my suggestion).

Option one would be an even taller front rail which would put it at HK416 height - this would allow you to use a 416 height front sight along with a standard rear.

Option two was to just replace the rail section with a front sight (probably folding) that would attach directly to the forearm.

Barring either of those, it would be great if some manufacturer would make a front sight at the right height to work with the otherwise unique rail height. It's a shame as it's a really nice handguard, the feel and shape of it are excellent.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 4:54:44 PM EDT
Doeas anybody else make a freefloat tube in similar shape?
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 7:55:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 3:41:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 223Rem:
Badger Ordnance

The Badger handguards are square in cross section and don't provide nearly the kind of grip that the PRI does.
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 4:38:24 PM EDT

Superior Weapons System has had this pick up for a long time see if it's still available
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=457963
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 6:32:43 PM EDT
Might of found a solution. Troy Industries makes a set of micro flip up sights. Gonna give them a call and talk to them and see if this might work.
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 7:23:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jhc:
Might of found a solution. Troy Industries makes a set of micro flip up sights. Gonna give them a call and talk to them and see if this might work.

Troy makes sights that work for 416 height... that's what I was trying to accomplish by getting PRI to make a rail that would be at that height.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:58:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2010 5:27:24 PM EDT by rchopper]
I wanted to see if anyone found out about the front rail height on the PRI delta. I also would like to get this handguard if there is some flip-up sights that will fit. I still have a few more parts to get so I have some time to research. If I do not find anything I might contact PRI eventually.

Also I am looking for pics of a PRI 12in in dark earth installed, either delta or the regular round style.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:23:40 PM EDT
I am going to use the delta handguard also. I am using the mid lentgh handguard. Sending it off to Adco to have Steve pin a railed front gas block on it so I will be able to put a flip up sight on it.
Top Top