Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2010 1:10:25 PM EDT
I am wanting to use this set up on my new rifle I am building. The question is the top rail is a little higher than the upper reciever. Is there a shorter front sight I can use on this set up so I can get it to work with my LMT rear sight? Thanks John
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I talked to them about this at SHOT and in more recent conversation, and they were considering a few different options (some at my suggestion).

Option one would be an even taller front rail which would put it at HK416 height - this would allow you to use a 416 height front sight along with a standard rear.

Option two was to just replace the rail section with a front sight (probably folding) that would attach directly to the forearm.

Barring either of those, it would be great if some manufacturer would make a front sight at the right height to work with the otherwise unique rail height.  It's a shame as it's a really nice handguard, the feel and shape of it are excellent.
Link Posted: 8/9/2010 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Doeas anybody else make a freefloat tube in similar shape?
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]

The Badger handguards are square in cross section and don't provide nearly the kind of grip that the PRI does.
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Superior Weapons System has had this pick up for a long time see if it's still available
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=457963
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Might of found a solution. Troy Industries makes a set of micro flip up sights. Gonna give them a call and talk to them and see if this might work.
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Might of found a solution. Troy Industries makes a set of micro flip up sights. Gonna give them a call and talk to them and see if this might work.

Troy makes sights that work for 416 height... that's what I was trying to accomplish by getting PRI to make a rail that would be at that height.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I wanted to see if anyone found out about the front rail height on the PRI delta.  I also would like to get this handguard if there is some flip-up sights that will fit.  I still have a few more parts to get so I have some time to research.  If I do not find anything I might contact PRI eventually.  

Also I am looking for pics of a PRI 12in in dark earth installed, either delta or the regular round style.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I am going to use the delta handguard also. I am using the mid lentgh handguard. Sending it off to Adco to have Steve pin a railed front gas block on it so I will be able to put a flip up sight on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top