Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2002 5:00:26 PM EDT
This is on the Brownells website, product manufacturer is Mounting Solutions Plus:

Here's the product listing:

www.brownells.com/Product/productDetail.asp?ProductID=100000498&CategoryID=0

Does anyone know if this is PRI's mount, or does anyone own one?  

I heard a couple of good things on this board about PRI's mount, and I might be looking for one here shortly.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
PRI is licensed by ARMS to manufacture the #1 and #3 mounts. MSP is a distributor for all ARMS mounts, and it could be that Brownells shows MSP as the distributor, not necessarily the manufacturer. This mount should be the ARMS #39 and if you order it, it will most likely be labeled as such.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 3:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IT'S THE P.R.I. GOOSENECK MOUNT, BUT IT DOES LOOK A LOT LIKE THE ARMS #39 IN THE SMALL PICTURE.

THIS IS THE ONLY CARRY HANDLE GOOSENECK MOUNT MADE THAT IS COMATIBLE WITH THE M4 HANDGUARDS. WE'VE HAD BEST RESULTS WHEN PAIRED WITH THE ARMS #22M68 FOR AIMPOINT USE. THEY ALSO WORK WITH THE EOTECH. THE PRICE IS $102.50.

WES GRANT
MSTN.BIZ

Thanks Wes for the info here, and also for the quick response to my e-mail that I sent through your website.

I've got an A2 AR with a Reflex that's about to really piss me off.

I will probably be contacting you soon for a replacement optic of some sort.

Thanks again!

Chris
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#4]
B&T also makes a gooseneck that is compatible with M4 handguards. I own one and it seems to hold zero as well as any other gooseneck I've owned (they all flex somewhat). I've heard vague negative comments here concerning the B&T but until someone elaborates on the subject I'm writing it off as "Net hearsay"!
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
So will the gooseneck mount made BY Aimpoint for the Aimpoint work with the M4 handguards, or is the PRI mount the only option?

Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The B&T mount:
botachtactical.com/brugthomfwdm.html

Click on the rifle pic to inlarge.

P.S If you want this mount get it from SWFA not Botach!

Now you've seen it all WES.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
THERE IS ANOTHER MOUNT I HAVE ONLY SEEN IN PROTOTYPE FORM, DESIGNED BY THE INDOMINATABLE 3-GUN SHOOTER , D.O.E. SWAT NINJA, AND ALL-AROUND GOOD GUY BENNIE COOLEY, BY GG&G. IT WILL WORK, AS WELL, BUT IS NOT YET AVAILABLE.

WES GRANT
MSTN.BIZ

Wes .... Is it this mount, Bennie Cooley Co-Witnessing Adjustable Mount (BC-CAM)?:

Here's a description on the Viking Tactics website:

www.vikingtactics.com/ForSale/BC/BCCAM.htm

Do you have any info on this mount?

Chris
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
B&T also makes a gooseneck that is compatible with M4 handguards. I own one and it seems to hold zero as well as any other gooseneck I've owned (they all flex somewhat). I've heard vague negative comments here concerning the B&T but until someone elaborates on the subject I'm writing it off as "Net hearsay"!

I remember seeing a thread that mentioned the B&T mount breaking (military use?), and that the PRI mount should be looked into because of good results.

Briefly tried searching for it, but couldn't find it.

It's good to hear what all of you actual owners have and what your experiences are with your particular mounts.

Thanks!

Chris
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IT'S THE P.R.I. GOOSENECK MOUNT, BUT IT DOES LOOK A LOT LIKE THE ARMS #39 IN THE SMALL PICTURE.

THIS IS THE ONLY CARRY HANDLE GOOSENECK MOUNT MADE THAT IS COMATIBLE WITH THE M4 HANDGUARDS. WE'VE HAD BEST RESULTS WHEN PAIRED WITH THE ARMS #22M68 FOR AIMPOINT USE. THEY ALSO WORK WITH THE EOTECH. THE PRICE IS $102.50.

WES GRANT

Wes,

Is the spacer for the #22M68 necessary in this configuration?

Cheers,
Chris
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top