Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2004 9:20:39 AM EDT
I'm trying to quantify the typical accuracy available from a chrome-lined barrel shooting Winchester Q3131 ammo. Please post here ONLY if you have actual data from your CHROME-LINED barrel (any length) shooting Q3131 ammo (I'll post a similar poll for XM193).

Accuracy is expressed in inches of extreme spread for a minimum of 3 shots at 100yds off a bench. Please be honest and DO NOT EXCLUDE FLYERS to make your numbers look "more representative".

Please add your comments below also. Thanks for sharing your data with me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Surely more than 4 users of Q3131... otherwise, Winchester is in trouble.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one carbine that would shoot a 3-rd group of less than an inch @100yds (scoped shorty-AK). The one I have now...I dunno, but the last time I zeroed, I got a 5-rd group of 3/4-inch @ 50yds with irons, so call it 1.5 inches.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:03:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I personally can shoot a 7 MoA group with mine (Bushmaster 20" NM barrel) from a bench, that's not with any extra clamps or rests or whatever rigs you guys use on the bench, and without gloves, jacket, sling, etc. I'm sure it's capable of doing far better in the hands of a skilled shooter.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I can shoot minute-of-badguy with a 16" chrome-lined.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I did my first ever 5-shot sub-MOA group with a 16" chrome-lined barrel and Q3131A. However, that is more the "Wooo! Look at that!" anomaly than a regular occurence. A more typical group is 1.5"-2" @ 100yds.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I once caught a fish, this big.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I had major Failure to feed problems with this ammo.  Maybe it was a bad batch but it didnt seem like they were crimped good enough.  When the round would try to load, the bullet itself would literally get pushed back into the brass.  It was a little scary.....  never bought that crap again.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had major Failure to feed problems with this ammo.  Maybe it was a bad batch but it didnt seem like they were crimped good enough.  When the round would try to load, the bullet itself would literally get pushed back into the brass.  It was a little scary.....  never bought that crap again.  

Sounds more like a magazine issue to me.  Some of my mags don't like some of my lowers, and will do this (thought it is now only the BM 10rd ones, the others I got rid of).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top