Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2010 7:31:10 AM EDT
I'm doing my first piston build and have a chance to buy a complete POF Lower w/ Geissele SSA trigger, and LMT SOPMOD stock for $300.00. Good deal? Are POF lowers GTG? I have no experience with POF and I want to use good stuff when putting this rifle together. The upper is a PWS Diablo. Thanks

ETA: I think this lower is a Gen. 2 w/o the anti-walk pins if that is important.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Well considering that the stock and trigger alone are over $300 dollars, it's like getting the lower for free.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a good deal !
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you got a great deal, I have two gen 3 stripped lowers & I paid more than that for each one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a gen2 and they run about $225.  After FFL fee and shipping cost my almost cost $300.
Pof's website has it for $325 for a gen 3. Ouch.  

Quoted:
I think you got a great deal, I have two gen 3 stripped lowers & I paid more than that for each one.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]
You got a really good deal. Where did you buy your lower parts?  Used i assume!
The Geissele it's self cost about $170. But personally the lmt sopmod is fugly has hell though.

Quoted:
I'm doing my first piston build and have a chance to buy a complete POF Lower w/ Geissele SSA trigger, and LMT SOPMOD stock for $300.00. Good deal? Are POF lowers GTG? I have no experience with POF and I want to use good stuff when putting this rifle together. The upper is a PWS Diablo. Thanks

ETA: I think this lower is a Gen. 2 w/o the anti-walk pins if that is important.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Before i bought the pof gen 2 lower i had a spikes basic lower. Although the spikes was cool, but for some reason the pof seemed to be better made. I thought the quality and finish  was better compared to the spikes.  I wished i would of went with the pof lower first in the beginning instead of buying a spikes. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guy's. I bought the lower yesterday from a friend of a friend who needed the cash based on you all's comments. The guy said the lower was basically brand new as he only put about two hundred rounds through it when he had it on his POF upper. It looks like a good quality lower and it's in immaculate condition.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top