Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2003 7:32:36 AM EDT
Anybody tried it yet? Any commemts?

I did a search and turned up nothing in last 30 days.

Tnx,
Him
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Only shot one box (.223 Rem) and that was through my 14" T/C Contender.  Accuracy was nothing to write home about, though that may have been the grip I had on the T/C at the time.  The brass is good if you're a reloader.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
[url=http://www.pmp.co.za/products.htm]They have a webpage[/url] with info on their products.

Most people comment that it's good ammo, but a little underpowered compared to M193. I usually see it for $140-150/1000, which is not significantly cheaper than Q3131A. Therefore, I haven't tried it myself.

The same people also make military ammo, but I don't think it's available in the US. PMP might be the same guys that manufactured the SA battlepacks, but I've never seen "fresh" mil-spec ammo from them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it, a lot.
Great brass, and the power level is consistent with any .223 Rem spec ammo.

They are the ones that made/make SA military ammo.

Larry
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
good stuff.

Not as hot as 3131a. Accurate for low end ammo and some of the best reloadable brass i have ever used.

mike
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy a lot of it if you like to plink and are a reloader.

It is usually pretty inexpensive.  $140 for 1000 or even less sometimes.  Save that brass!

Accuracy is as good as anything else I have shot in this category. (.223 Rem 55gr. FMJBT)

If you don't want the brass, send it to me!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buy a lot of it if you like to plink and are a reloader.

It is usually pretty inexpensive.  $140 for 1000 or even less sometimes.  Save that brass!

If you don't want the brass, send it to me!
View Quote

I find it holds up to 5.56 spec loads as well as (or better) anything else, including LC.
Great stuff; I will adopt any unwanted myself.

Larry
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
i shot about 150rds of it today and was pleased.  while zeroing my aimpoint i got 3 groups that were less than half an inch at 25yds.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
You should expect accuracy to be somewhat less than 2 MOA.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
 How is it(PMP) in .308?? A store here by me has it for $8.00 a box .
 is this a decent price ?? seems a little high to me .
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is high.You can still find Port or SA for much cheaper.

I have found the PMP to ok out of my Colt. It will hang in the 3in range if I do my part.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is a bit stiff for blasting ammo.  If your running it through a bolt-gun to get the brass, it beats the hell out of anything else out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've got a case and a half of the .308......I'm hanging on too it! [headbang] Good stuff for new-manufactured ammo.....

Saw a place here that had it $4.00 more a box then what you are seeing it for!
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a case of PMP .223 when I got my 16" AR.  Shot about 500 rounds so far, not a SINGLE hitch.  Can't say too much about accuracy, as I use it in carbine matches, which aren't a great way to judge accuracy.  I do know that they feed, eject, and cycle my AR just fine.  The brass looks good, and is reloadable, but I don't load .223, so I don't keep it.

I'd recommend it for blasting/plinking and carbine matches.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The brass looks good, and is reloadable, but I don't load .223, so I don't keep it.

View Quote

AAARRGGHHHH!

Dude, if it's not too much trouble you should save it for trade bait, or as a gift to the reloaders among us.  Many of them (us) would be willing to pay shipping plus a sixpack or two for 500 of these cases and be very happy.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The brass looks good, and is reloadable, but I don't load .223, so I don't keep it.

View Quote

AAARRGGHHHH!

Dude, if it's not too much trouble you should save it for trade bait, or as a gift to the reloaders among us.  Many of them (us) would be willing to pay shipping plus a sixpack or two for 500 of these cases and be very happy.

View Quote

Maybe I should do that.  I have a buddy that got a bolt .223, and I have some dies and powder I could give him.  Hell, I still have a few hundred empties in various states of prep.  I think I still have 400x 64gr softpoints, some primers and a lb. of powder somewhere....

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Maybe I should do that.  
View Quote

You ought.  It loads better than anything except LC, and no primer crimp to deal with.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top