Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 7:03:39 PM EDT
I bought a case of PMC a couple of years ago, 55 gr., R.O. Korea, Headstamp 12 o'clock 'PMC' and 6 o'clock '223 Rem', primers are sealed.  I thought it was 'PMP' until the other day when I opened the ammo cans I had them.  I was cleaning out the 'bunker'.  

I will burn this at the range but haven't shot any of it yet.  How good is it?  How hot?  Is all PMC made in Korea?  

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Expect to clean your weapon more often.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have found the PMC 5.56 ammo to be very accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on precisely when it was made, it can be quite a bit hotter than the PMC that is coming into the country from SouthAfrica.

Older PMC 55grain stuff is actually to M193 spec and quite a bit hot.   Just dirty...   Still quite accurate though and pretty darned reliable.    I wish I could still get the stuff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
its good stuff!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  Looking back, this was bought in the summer or fall of 1997, so it's the 'older' stuff from what you're saying.  Q3131A shoots well in my rifles and I'm putting that away for long term SHTF.  When you don't know anything about  ammo, you end up 'collecting' all sorts of brands.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top