Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 4:15:04 PM EDT

Hey all,

I got a CMP Garand and really need some ammo.

Sportsmansguide has 400 rounds of PMC in boxes for $99.

Good stuff?  Good price?

Gracias.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#1]
A quarter a shot is the reason I rebarrelled one of my M1 Rifles to 7.62mm NATO!

CMP is out of USGI ammo?  My next choice would be Talon remanufactured (not reloaded) followed other mil surplus, then followed by commercial ammo like PMC (which is Korean).

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:15:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Yes, the CMP is out of Danish surplus.

The 1970's Korean surplus in bandoleers is not really any cheaper than the new PMC stuff, and some of that old stuff is supposedly corrosive.

I think PMC from the CMP is the best deal going, and I know it is not corrosive.

I don't want to take any chances with my nice M1 bore.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hey all,

I got a CMP Garand and really need some ammo.

Sportsmansguide has 400 rounds of PMC in boxes for $99.

Good stuff?  Good price?

Gracias.

View Quote

Good price, for sure.  I bought 376 rounds of 70s manufacture Korean on Garand clips for $105 at a gun show last weekend.  I'm not worried about it being corrosive because my Garand, which I bought from a friend's father, has a pitted bore anyway, but good rifling.  If I rebarrel it, I'll use non-corrosive ammo.  Until then, I'm going to use whatever I can get my trigger happy little paws on cheaply.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top