Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 9:17:03 PM EDT
I keep hearing that the teflon coated mags are a more durable finish.  I've seen what dry coat mags look like after a lot of use and carry.  Anyone have a pic of a teflon mag that has suffered some abuse?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not have a picture, but can tell you what people say is the truth.  Teflon coating is by far a more durable finish than the standard dry film lube finish.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I do not have a picture, but can tell you what people say is the truth.  Teflon coating is by far a more durable finish than the standard dry film lube finish.

That's what I've always heard and am going to do a complete mag changout to them, would just love to see one taking abuse.  I have visions of them looking like spray paint being shaved off...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a 20 rds original '71 Colt mag that looks like that GI mag, but I have no picture of it.

Last year I got all teflon finish D&H grey and black mags, most of them are from DSG Arms.

I'm going to get more teflon mags next time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We have 4 test mags that were put in service in August '05 -  2 of ours and 2 HK maritimes. At least once per month (usually more) they are loaded and shot repeatedly and when we are done these 4 get thrown in the back of my truck and stay there. Rain, cold, heat, etc. No special treatment for them and they are all dropped free and generally abused.

Here they are today - 2 on top are our grey Teflon w/MAPUL followers - below are HK's and to the right is an old GI finish mag for comparison (don't have a clue how old it is). After this pic they go back in the truck to be shot again this weekend - they usually look dirtier, but it rained here while we were in Vegas and it washed some of the mud off them... All 5 still function fine.

Exactly what I was looking for!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top