Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2003 3:47:52 AM EDT
what's the scoop with these lasers? how much do they run for? any info on them? I've heard it's illegal to own them but I've seen plenty in civilian hands and no one seems to really care.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not illegal to own these providing they are not stolen govt. property. They are however very cost prohibitive for their function. Civies do own them and sell them quite frequently. There's one on the EE board right now for sale. Prices seem to average 2 to 3K.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not seen a PEQ 2 for sale.  

The Paq 4 is a simple IR laser.

The PEQ 2 is IR/VIS HI-Lo beam intensity, IR illuminator equipped.

The PEQ 2 would be my choice as I have experience with PAQ 4's and they are near garbage. (the whole housing will bend and if there is a pressure exerted on the laser it will not shoot point of aim.) They do look cool though. (as if that's worth $1300 or more?)

I would not expect that problem in the Peq2
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The PEQ 2 would be my choice as I have experience with PAQ 4's and they are near garbage.  
View Quote

Amen.  PEQ-2's rock the free world, if you can afford one.  I'll just hang onto the one the boss lets me use, but they are good.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top