Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2005 4:40:45 PM EDT
I have done a search on this ammo here and have not found a thing. Has any one used this and what were the results. I have found it realitivly(sp?) in expensive but the plastic makes ,e wonder. I am only considering it due to the lack of ammo choices lately.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Slow Night!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
link 1

link 2

link 3

i bought 1k rounds when I first saw it available from ammunitionstore.com  about a year ago i guess.  I bought it to shoot im my ar.  I've shot about 500 rounds so far with no problems.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
this stuff melt at all in the chamber if its hot?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolf is cheaper and works 100% in my AR.

From lu380 -- "I was not impressed with the 500 rounds I used last year. It seemed like it was barely powerful enough to cycle the action. One out of every ten spent casings was missing the case neck. My guess is that they separated from the case during firing and followed the bullet out of the bore."

No surprise there as the plastic cartridge case is much thicker than a corresponding brass/steel cartridge case.  Therefore, there is less space for the required propellant/powder.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I didnt think about the thickness of the casing, good point. I will try a few round and see if it works. As for wolf, I have nothing but problems with it. I use any brass cased cartridge and I can shoot all day. I will buy a couple of boxes and see if it works. But I will take some other ammo to the range as well to ensure that I didnt waste a trip.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:37:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I didnt think about the thickness of the casing, good point. I will try a few round and see if it works. As for wolf, I have nothing but problems with it. I use any brass cased cartridge and I can shoot all day. I will buy a couple of boxes and see if it works. But I will take some other ammo to the range as well to ensure that I didnt waste a trip.

Be sure to take a cleaning rod to the range in case you have to knock out a casing.

What 'issues' do you have with Wolf?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top