Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2015 3:37:58 PM EDT
So, I have had this optic for a few months so Id like to make a quick review on it.

First off Its awesome! I do not have one single negative thing to say. I had the old MD and it was great until the dot washed out in sunlight and it got water in it. This thing is in a whole different class. I've got probably 500-600 rounds through it. On two different rifles. an AAC MPW 300BLK and a CQBR.

My buddy has a T1 and we shot them back to back out to 300 yards. Honestly besides the small exterior differences the optics were identical. Glass, dot quality, and brightness settings were all identical.

I was making hits on a 7x10 plate at 200 with subs, The glass quality is great!

The elevation and windage adjustments seem to track true.

The dot has been on the medium setting for about 3 months. i turned it to this setting the day I unboxed it. its still on and nice and crisp.

I am not a budget optic guy. I own an Elcan DR, HDMR, and have had just about every high end optic out there. I hate cheap red dots and scopes but PA is not even in the same league as the other guys.

I first bought this to see if I liked the T1 style optic on this rifle and to eventually replace it with a T1 and put this on a 22lr rifle. Now, I have no plans on buying the T1. Ya with the T1 you get the reputation and the piece of mind but this thing should not be thought of as a "Budget Red Dot"

Don't sleep on this thing!

Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about it!

Will keep using as time goes on in rain, snow, and muddy conditions. Will update accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, I have had this optic for a few months so Id like to make a quick review on it.

First off Its awesome! I do not have one single negative thing to say. I had the old MD and it was great until the dot washed out in sunlight and it got water in it. This thing is in a whole different class. I've got probably 500-600 rounds through it. On two different rifles. an AAC MPW 300BLK and a CQBR.

<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/976C4A94-4108-4E76-84F9-F5EAD098AD41_zpswvqabs0g.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/976C4A94-4108-4E76-84F9-F5EAD098AD41_zpswvqabs0g.jpg</a>

My buddy has a T1 and we shot them back to back out to 300 yards. Honestly besides the small exterior differences the optics were identical. Glass, dot quality, and brightness settings were all identical.

I was making hits on a 7x10 plate at 200 with subs, The glass quality is great!

The elevation and windage adjustments seem to track true.

The dot has been on the medium setting for about 3 months. i turned it to this setting the day I unboxed it. its still on and nice and crisp.

I am not a budget optic guy. I own an Elcan DR, HDMR, and have had just about every high end optic out there. I hate cheap red dots and scopes but PA is not even in the same league as the other guys.

<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/996D300C-32AA-430B-8E30-12B7182805B3_zpshiizjusa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/996D300C-32AA-430B-8E30-12B7182805B3_zpshiizjusa.jpg</a>

I first bought this to see if I liked the T1 style optic on this rifle and to eventually replace it with a T1 and put this on a 22lr rifle. Now, I have no plans on buying the T1. Ya with the T1 you get the reputation and the piece of mind but this thing should not be thought of as a "Budget Red Dot"

Don't sleep on this thing!

Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about it!

<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/B1B084FD-774A-48B0-821A-2BE8B85E20A6_zpsbbiwxize.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/B1B084FD-774A-48B0-821A-2BE8B85E20A6_zpsbbiwxize.jpg</a>

Will keep using as time goes on in rain, snow, and muddy conditions. Will update accordingly.
View Quote

I have an older MD 06 micro clone that has been on and off (for cleaning the gas tube) the MAK 90 I bought it for 4-5 years ago and it is still running perfectly, after more than 4000 rounds. It is a great product, and the Ultimak gas tube rail mount is the easiest and simplest method to put optics on an AK that I am aware of.
In addition, PA are great people to deal with. Great prices and top shelf customer service!! They are my go to guys whenever I am looking for new dots or scopes, and I recommend them to others all the time.

In order to get my nose off of the top cover button I put it on a 1/2 inch riser block that allows me to see my irons just by looking about 1/4 inch below the red dot. Several people took me to task for using the riser. As I said then and will repeat now. IT works for me, and I have practiced with it enough for it to be completely normal.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Convinced me to give it a try.  First budget optic to be honest, so I am anxious to give it a go.  May end up on my truck rifle!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted so badly to like the optic. Mine arrived broken. Unfortunately it was the third PA optic I've had issue with in as many years.

I love the company. I love their customer service. I love what they stand for, and will continue to buy from their site. But I will not, however, buy any of their PA brand optics.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top