Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2002 5:29:25 PM EDT
I am new to the PAQ-4. Back in my day, I was a remf, and while we had lots of NVGs, we used them for driving and security, and nobody bothered to issue any IR aiming lasers.

Flash forward to many, many years later. I just procured a bunch of military surplus NVGs for my agency, and had the minimal foresight to acquire some used PAQ-4s to go with them (seemed like a good idea at the time). They should be waiting for me on Monday when I get back to work. I have many questions:

-Where can I get a manual for these?
-What kind of batteries to they use?
-Who made them and who can fix them or refurbish them (these are well used)?
-How do the mount them( they will be going on M16A2 carbines and M4A1s, and maybe some beanbag 870s or even pepperball launchers, if the mood strikes me and there is a need)?
-What is the zero procedure (I have seen references to boresighting equipment)?

Any enlightenment anyone can share with me would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
OSI,

the ANVIS goggles listed as gen2 are a gen2HD(high definition), i think. the HD tube uses a gen2 photocathode and a gen3 MCP which gives it a resolution of 57 lp/mm and a damn good photoresponse. tube life is 10,000 hours too. i a have a rifle scope with a 2HD tube and its right there with a true gen3 scope.

on those PAQ4's , it does seem kinda wierd when you sight them it. the laser hangs off the center line of the barrel. so, when you go to sight in the laser you either have to have an intersecting point of the laser and the bullet OR have the laser parallel the bullet trajectory. personnally i would not want to have them intersect since after that point the bullet and laser are traveling at an increasing angle. i like your 100 yards and less theory for sighting.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top